The new album “Harlem Joy” from Gunhild Carling will be out:
In Scandinavia April 17 2015
World Wide May 8 2015
Listen to “Ascona” here, taken from the album!
2014 was the year of success for Gunhild Carling.
Tour across Sweden, “Lets dance” on national TV, a highly acclaimed appearance in Central Park in New York City for tens of thousands of people, voted for the most popular person in the south of Sweden 2014 and numerous of national television appearances.
Here’s “Bag Pipe Blues” who was such a hit in Central Park NYC, “Spring Time In St. Paul” who got a full dance floor at Terminal Five in Manhattan to melt.
“Harlem Ghost Story” which was played live at TV4 Nyhetsmorgon on Halloween, “Ascona” which became the theme song of Ascona Festival and “When Dreams Come True” performed on a harp at the TV show Allsång på Skansen.
The live recording was made during Gunhild Carling Big Bands Jazz Varieté tour in January 2014.
04/04 Nyköbing, Själland, Danmark, med Kansas City Stompers, Gunhild Solo
10/04 Litauen, Konsert med National Youth Brass band, Gunhild Solo
11/04 Litauen, Konsert med National Youth Brass band, Gunhild Solo
12/04 Konserthuset, Malmö, Big Band Battle, Gunhild Carling Big Band
30/05 Huddinge, Huddinge Jazzfestival Carling Family
31/05 Svennevads Kyrka, Pålsboda, Konsert Svennevads Kyrka, Carling Family
12/06 Udden, Kulturfabriken, Stockamöllan, Jazz & Swingfestival, Gunhild Carling Big Band
13/06 Udden, Kulturfabriken, Stockamöllan, Jazz & Swingfestival, Gunhild Carling Big Band
14/06 Udden, Kulturfabriken, Stockamöllan Jazz & Swingfestivals Barndag, Carling Family
A new Halloween single from Gunhild Carling.
A song that both music and lyric is written by Gunhild herself.
Gunhild plays here this Friday in USA
Miss Jubilee @ Prasino in St. Charles • FRIDAY Oct 24th *w/ Special Guest Gunhild Carling
Carling Family – Hot Jazz
Carling Family – Hot Jazz
Click to enlarge
The Carling family is back with composers such as Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, Richard Wagner plus five songs self-penned by Hans Carling.
Wether it be in a smooth, laidback way or a leg-jerking way, it’s certainly all served in the famous Carling ‘Hot Jazz’ way.
02 The Queer Man
03 The Count Steps In
04 That’s My Home
05 Han Hade Seglat För Om Masten
06 A Room With A View
07 Royal Garden Blues
08 In My Solitude
09 Everybody Loves My Baby
10 Night And Day
11 Happy Go Lucky Local
12 Fakirens Sång
14 Dein Ist Mein Ganzes Hertz
15 The Man I Love
16 Wabash Blues
17 Mera Kan Man Ej Begära
18 Saint Louis Blues
19 Whispering Breeze
21 Tres Moutarde
Gunhild Carling Big Band – Magic Swing!
A great swingin’ album from Gunhild Carling Big Band feat: Jesper Thilo.
The multitalented Gunhild Carling finally got here first Big Band release on HepTown Records. It’s showing another spectra of the jazz queen on an album where you get swing music as it where made from the old stars.
1. Seventh Blues
2. Magic Swing
3. Memories (Feat. Erik Bermdalen)
4. Jungle Log
6. After You´ve Gone (Feat. Max Carling)
8. You Are My World
9. Some Day
12. China Town
13. Ko Ko
14. Over The Rainbow (Feat. Jesper Thilo)
Recorded Jan 25th & Feb 28th 200g at Berwaldhallen, Stockholm.
Various – Best Of Modern Swing
It’s the 21’st century and if you mention swing jazz most people only think about the greats from the 1930’s and 40’s, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman etc. They seldom consider that still today there are lots of bands recording swing music. This album is a collection of great swing jazz by bands that are playing and recording in this century. This is the album that we never found when searching for modern swing jazz. So here we bring it to you – Best of Modern Swing. The recordings are from 1997 and forward and is a small showcase of what great music you can find if you look hard enough.
1. Jonathan Stout and his Campus Five featuring Hilary Alexander – Savoy blip 2.56 156 bpm
2. Blue Room Boys – Do your duty 3.55 144 bpm
3. Jennie Löbel & Swing Kings – He ain’t got rhythm 2.52 178 bpm
4. Gunhild Carling and her swing band – They all laughed 3.35 132 bpm
5. Bill Elliott Swing Orchestra – Mildred, won’t you behave? 3.44 192 bpm
6. Lily Wilde and her Jumpin’ Jubilee Orchestra – Rip Van Winkle 3.00 134 bpm
7. Frosties Hot Four – Fly me to the moon 3.28 164 bpm
8. Andy Farber & His Swing Mavens- One for Ernie 5.19 113 bpm
9. George Gee and his Make-Believe Ballroom Orchestra – Blues for Stephanie 4.53 141 bpm
10. Blue Saracens – Baaaap baaaah 2.55 206 bpm
11. HepCat Daddies – C thru woman 3.56 125 bpm
12. Yalloppin’ Hounds – Flat foot floogie 3.59 164 bpm
13. Honeysucklerose – My melancholy baby 3.37 131 bpm
14. Charmin Michelle – Come on over to my house 4.08 115 bpm
15. Swing of Sahara – It don’t mean a thing 4.25 216 bpm
Gunhild Carling – Red Hot Jam
Truly great swingin’ jazz. Gunhild plays with some friends; Jan Lundgren, Rasmus Kihlberg and Jesper Lundgaard. Together they’re just having fun and you can hear it all the way through the album.
Mostly classics but also an original (Front page cafe).
1. Let´s Fall In Love
3. I´m Through With Love
4. You Won´t Be Satisfied Until You Break My Heart
5. Someday You´ll Be Sorry
6. Sidney Bechet’s Blues
7. Flying Home
8. What´s New
9. I Only Have Eyes
10. Out Love Is Here To Stay
11. Body And Soul
12. Just A Closer Walk With Thee
13. Front Page Café
14. I Didn´t Know What Time It Was
via Gunhild Carling