The Bristles New Album Out Now
The Bristles – Last Days of Capitalism – LP / CD
NEW ALBUM – OUT NOW (Nov. 13 2015)
Civilisation Records / Heptown Records / Pike Records
The Bristles new album Last Days of Capitalism is a review of the past two years’ events ending up in the current both economic and political crisis. The economic crisis has led to war, and the political crisis consists of the fascism it brought. Racism and chauvinism are now norm.
Other topics covered are the West’s mass consumption, men’s global war on women, the Left’s failure, and multinational companies grip on people. Then there are some more traditional working-class songs about work buyers reprimands and neglecting ones job for the last time.
Musically it follows the frustration over the state of affairs. It’s fast, hard, simple and crude. There are no false notes, it’s not out of tune, no-one’s playing anything wrong, although it may appear so, it’s exactly the way it’s supposed to be.
* Limited edition 300 black 100 red 100 white vinyl LP* 12 brand new tracks* Fast, hard, simple and crude.
* The album is produced by Tommy Tift (Sista Sekunden & Vånna Inget).
* It’s a cooperation between Civilisation Records, Heptown Records and Pike Records.
* The CD also contains bonus tracks from The Bristles records on Swedish, The Bristles Spelar Ebba, The Bristles’ Christmas and Val? EP never before released on CD.
* The band started back in 1982
* The Bristles is from the same time as other Swedish bands like Anti Cimex, Asta Kask, Huvudtvätt, Skitslickers and Moderat Likvidation
Soundcloud listen and free download
https://soundcloud.com/heptown-records/sets/the-bristles-last-days-of-capitalism-album-2015BUY IN OUR SHOP HEPCAT STORE
”They have gone from a band in the 80s, who played quite a singalong friendly punkmusic to be a band playing more crustpunk inspired music”
– SKRUTT MAGAZINE
”…they still exists, after more than 30 years ! Powerful and heavy hardcore punk / crust, d-beat…”
– KIDS OF THE STREETS
hate in vain
hail hail chauvinism
no revolution in our life time
men’s global war on women (gendercide)
sweden, where god only comes to shit
trust your multinational corporations
viva fake (punk on sale)
waiting for linda from human relations
consumption to death
last time we won’t do that, chief
this is not for you
Bonus tracks on CD
Svegis – guitar
Puma A – voicE
Ingemar – bass
Ray – drums